Search this blog

Monday, April 26, 2021

Switching the USA Switching Layout!

Last week was a bit of a modelling desert in as much as I had other things I had to get on with. It happens that way and model making is a hobby so it does take a back seat on occasions. However over the weekend I did manage to get some of my USA H0 stock out and have a bit of a play with my new layout. To some enthusiasts 'play' should be 'operate' but I make no pretentions to knowing what I am doing with USA railroads. This layout is very much about switching as the Americans call it but better known as shunting in the UK. You have a few freight cars on the layout and switch them into the various sidings and you can also build up a train of freight cars to be theoretically taken away if there was a line out of the layout to a fiddleyard. Its all very therapeutic and takes your mind off other things! I will go into more detail another time. 

The pictures below showing the stock on the layout will probably leave some knowledgeable USA modelers in despair or fits of laughter given that I suspect that there is a real mishmash of eras and regions that could never have been seen together. However I am doing it for the fun of it and I am getting a great deal of fun out of it. 

Loco wise I have a few USA engines but this layout suits the Alco S-2 Diesel switcher by Bachmann. This one is DCC sound chipped and I use a Bachmann EZ Command controller which is ideal for this layout. Anyway, enough of the talk lets see some pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment