Search this blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Complex crossing maneuvers!

Not anything to do with taking your life in your hands as you try to cross a road or getting on the right side of Mrs. Woody - yes that list of jobs will get done - eventually - but more to do with model railway track layouts. I needed to put in a double crossing to allow access to my planned MPD or in plain terms Motive Power Depot where the locomotives are stored, refueled and serviced. To get the best possible variations in access and maneuvers I came up with this bit of complex trackwork.


Amazingly it works! I quite like the way the train snakes through the crossing.



The MPD will lead off from the three way point and I am still deciding on the eventual layout of that but I am almost at the point of having completed that first fix of track work laying. If only I could complete that list of jobs from Mrs. W! Its a complex life!

No comments:

Post a Comment