Search this blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Pacing myself.

One of my less than imaginative titles to introduce this Hornby model of the Class 142 Pacer. The class of Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) was in the headlines last year as the last ones were finally withdrawn from service. Originally built back in the 1980's in a collaboration between British Railways and Leyland. The design basically put a modified Leyland National bus body on a rail powered chassis. Its low price and running cost probably meant that several passenger lines were saved from closure. Some loved it and some hated it. I must admit having a soft spot for them so it was nice to unbox this some 15 years or so having bought it on eBay. It is a terrible runner and Hornby's model was always noted for that trait as it is powered by two Scalextric motors which are not up too the job. Still once it gets going it seems to at least get round my track.



Apart from unboxing the pacer I have also paced myself to do a bit more building work - this time on the Dapol Service Station which is now in basic paint awaiting the detail parts to be fitted.


Finally on the pacing front following my bike ride with Mr Motorlegs Beecham last Friday I was recovered sufficiently on Saturday to tackle the strong winds and bring my total mileage for this year up to 5001 miles. Had to pace myself a lot over the year so far to get that much in!

No comments:

Post a Comment