Search this blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

More wood butchery - but on a much smaller scale!

Anyone who may have had the mis-pleasure to read this blog will know my modelling activities are a bit butterfly like! I do one thing one day and then suddenly spring onto something else. A trait that Mrs. W has pointed out on occasions. In my defence I do usually come back and finish things - eventually and I will at some stage finish the floor in the lounge but that is another story! 

Today saw me put the bridge deck on the road bridge for the narrow gauge layout as started back here. In that post I said the bridge deck would be unusual and would you know it - its a wooden deck. Not the most often used material in this country for bridge decks on public roads but not unheard of and that is as good an excuse as I need to validate my choice!. In my usual manner of wood butcher, I cut a sheet of 3mm balsa into approximately 4mm wide strips and having measured the width of the bridge proceeded to cut these to length and attached the planks to two stringers that run under the bridge. UHU general purpose glue was used as I have only just realised I have some balsa glue in stock as used to make the narrow boats - which still need finishing! Anyway, following a dilute wash of acrylic brown/grey this is what it looks like. 

Wills SS32 Occupation Bridge (Double Track) and Stone Abutments,

Wills SS32 Occupation Bridge (Double Track) and Stone Abutments,

As to what I will be getting up to in the next few days is anyone's guess but I suspect lounge floors may not be on the agenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment