Search this blog

Monday, July 20, 2026

From normal viewing distance they look better than a space!

In all there were six missing brake shoes from the five wagons. If I had a 3D printer I could probably produce replacements fairly quickly however I don't so it was back to making replacements the old way!

Hornby R131 Flat wagon with wheel load,

Styrene strip of a suitable thickness was in stock at the WMD Stores and with a bit of filing and cutting a vaguely similar shape to the brake shoes Hornby moulded in place was created. 

Hornby R131 Flat wagon with wheel load,

Normal kit plastic glue was no use in attaching the replacements so the super glue was brought out and it worked! The replacements may not be exact to those Hornby made but from normal viewing distance they look better than a space!

Next up is some painting I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment