Search this blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

I'm chuffed with how they have turned out!

I started with five of theses a few days ago...

Hornby R131 Flat wagon with wheel load,

...and with some repairs, upgrades , painting and weathering I ended up with five of these...

Hornby R131 Flat wagon with wheel load,

...and here are all five on the layout!

Hornby R131 Flat wagon with wheel load,

I'm chuffed with how they have turned out! I have managed to turn what was a 'make believe' wagon made by Hornby, basically as a toy, into something that actually looks believable and at a total cost including the purchase price of the wagons, of just over £40 which means each wagon cost just over £8. At todays prices you can easily pay over £40 just for one wagon so a bit of a bargain as well especially as it kept me entertained and out of Mrs. Woody's way for a few hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment