Search this blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Tales from the river bank.

If you are associating the title of this post with a children's programme from way ago you are of an age where age doesn't matter any more!

A bit of work last night on the river banks. Mrs. Woody had a parcel delivered (one of many!) with some rigid foam surrounding the contents. That almost ended up in the bin but I had the idea that it would be useful as the subbase to my landscaping of the river banks. Normally I would use polystyrene - the type which disintegrates into those small spheres that through static charge get stuck all over you. This foam however was as light as polystyrene and could be cut with a knife without me ending up looking as though I had been through a snow storm and having ended it in a collapsed igloo. I have therefore had a pleasant hour or so cutting it into the rough shape and gluing it all with PVA with no big mess to clear up - working smarter not harder as I get older! 

Its a bit cold in the Room of Gloom as I call my man cave, so the glue will take a while to set. However once set a bit more snow free carving should see a basic shape which will then be covered with plaster and paper towel to give a rigid base for scenic treatment. That is for another time though when there will be more Tales from the river bank! 

009 narrow gauge layout


No comments:

Post a Comment