Search this blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Life is like a roller-coaster!

Not the Ronan Keating hit, Life is like a roller-coaster but hopefully the aptness of the title will become apparent as I go on with this post. Tuesday was another day at the Rocks by Rail Museum and as predicted in my last post on this subject it was a continuation of track levelling. The evening before I had my Covid booster and I did suffer on the Tuesday feeling as though I was coming down with a bad cold and left at lunchtime. However I did take part in some track leveling and as you can see in the picture below there was a big dip in the left hand rail that took a lot of jacking (it was me operating the jack as I am a 'Big lad!' so I do know how much it had to be raised and yes my back knew it too!) and a lot of packing of ballast underneath. It may not seem like much but riding in a train it can feel like life is a roller-coaster so for the benefit of passengers a level track is desirable unless of course the Museum wants to become an amusement park!

Rocks by Rail Museum Rutland

Following a few hours work we have level rail!

Rocks by Rail Museum Rutland

Looking around this track leveling looks like it could be like painting the Fourth Bridge if this siding next to the mainline is anything to go by...Anyone fancy a roller-coaster ride?

Rocks by Rail Museum Rutland

In a few moments of waiting to repair the Kango which decided to snap its blade I did a bit of weeding! This growing patch of no doubt scientifically interesting selected weeds was cleared...

Rocks by Rail Museum Rutland

and ended up looking a little bit clearer but I suspect this job is again like painting the Fourth Bridge! Oh well there will always be something to do a bit like life being a roller-coaster!

Rocks by Rail Museum Rutland

 

No comments:

Post a Comment