Search this blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

All about that baseboard!

Apologies for the slightly altered song title - All about that bass by Meghan Trainor - but today I completed the second baseboard to extend my 009 Narrow Gauge railway. It is something that I had always planned to do but unusually for me I actually have started it! A gap in Mrs. Woody's Task List and a thought that I don't want to be constructing baseboards in the Winter got me fired up and following my usual methods of wood butchery a baseboard the same size (amazingly given my ability to make tape measures elastic) appeared. Just need to sort out a method of joining this to the original board. 

The second board has a cut out for a river and a canal wharf so will have a slightly different type of scenery to the first board.

At the moment the two boards rest in the middle of my Last Great Project 00 gauge layout in my Room of Gloom AKA my man cave. At least being there in front of me might give me the impetuous to start the track laying on either of the layouts!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment