Search this blog

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Small steps towards the finish.

 


Its at this stage in the build of a relatively complex kit such as this Zvezda K5350 Mustang truck (there are 474 parts) that things slow down a bit. You need to start painting parts of the kit which will be difficult to do so if the kit were fully assembled and then bring sub-assemblies together giving time for both paint and glue to dry properly and only then can the next stage of the build take place. It can be frustrating but patience is the key word. Try to rush or take a short cut and the chances are it will go wrong. How do I know? Because I write from bitter experience. I have tried in the past to rush and nine times out of ten regretted it and made large scale deposits to the swear jar as well as causing damage to the model being built. 

The current example of being patient is that before I can go much further with the cab I need to add the steps either side. I have not added these before as they are fragile and I wanted to lessen the chance of damaging them by fixing them in position as late in the build as I can. There are only three parts to each step but they are small and need time for the glue to harden properly in order that they stand the best chance of surviving intact during the rest of the build. 

As I spent most of what was a wet Sunday sorting out an ever increasing pile of household paperwork I only had time to construct the steps this evening. However to bring this post towards a conclusion, they are indeed small steps towards the finish! I don't just throw this blog together you know, it took me at least two minutes to think up the title of this post!  

On the musical front, for the past few days working on the model I have been listening to compilation tapes in the 'Now that's what I call music' series. Started in the mid 1980's here in the UK, the format has lasted well. I started with the original album which was just called 'Now that's what I call music' and then started collecting them as they appeared up to about 'Now that's what I call music 42' so I have plenty more listening pleasure in stock. Looking at Google I see the series is still going and is now at 'Now that's what I call music 109' but the music just isn't like it used to be! Oh hum! I do sound old!



No comments:

Post a Comment