Search this blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

In plain sight!

I have completed the chassis of the Zvezda K5350 Mustang truck for some weeks ago. This took many hours of work. The chassis has stood in front of me for hours on my modelling bench. I have spent many hours adding washes and weathering to it and even spending time watching the paint dry! Why then, having spent all this time looking at it, holding it and working on it, did it take the fitting of two jerry cans to the cargo body to realise that the battery box and mounted air tanks on it was upside down! In best Homer Simpson voice - Dooh! This mistake was in plain sight for weeks but I missed it - just goes to show you that even after years of modelling you can still get it fundamentally wrong! However I did manage to gently break the two joints of the battery box to the chassis and re-glue the right way round!


Above the battery box on the wrong way round so that the cargo body would not fit once some jerry cans had been fitted.


Having managed to gently break the joint it was time to put right my long standing error!


Now the right way round and the body fitted with the jerry cans in place.

The cab is almost ready for full external painting and once that is done there are really only mirrors, light lenses and decals to fit and the final weathering - Great!



No comments:

Post a Comment