Search this blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Cab painted.

 Yes I can confirm that the K5350 cab is painted! Finally! Its done! Finished - well the painting anyway.

The picture sequence below shows my untidy but as I would call it, functional masking, the cab and doors in primer (don't tell Mrs Woody they are posed on the cooker top which I need to now clean), then with additional 'functional masking to allow the green to be airbrushed and finally the finished cab. Note I had already painted the headlight units in silver so a ball of Blu Tack (other similar type products are available but this just happened to on the desk at the time) was applied to each one. Being involved in other matters over the past few days has given the paint time to harden before I give it a coat of gloss varnish to allow the decals to be applied and then sealed with a coat of matt varnish. Following that the glazing, mirrors, lights and windscreen wipers need fitting and some weathering to match the chassis and cargo body. Then it will be finally complete!

I won't tell you how I dropped the cab on the way back to the man cave AKA The Room of Gloom but it only broke a couple of pieces off and I must have been that relaxed that the swear jar did not need topping up!







No comments:

Post a Comment