Search this blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Mirror, mirror on the workbench......

If you think that the K5350 Mustang truck model build is dragging on I must agree! However in my defense I keep getting dragged off into other things. Today it was a trip to the scrap yard to get rid of some scrap metal and than this afternoon cutting a very over grown hedge for a neighbour. However I have assembled the mirrors for the truck which are now on my work bench. Zvezda kindly supply some self adhesive ready cut reflective sheets to put on the mirror to imitate the real mirror glass. Looking at the mirror arms and their fragile nature made me think that to put those cut outs on once the mirrors were mounted to the truck was likely to end in a large contribution to the swear jar! I therefore devised a cunning plan of painting the front faces of the mirror bodies first which would give the rubber surround, then mount the reflective sheets and then mount the mirror bodies to the mirror arms. I could then either mount the arms to the doors and paint or paint separately and then mount to the door. Either way some masking tape on the reflective sheet will protect it from any painting. I will have to see if it all works out and will I be the fairest of them all???? I am sure Mrs. Woody has an answer for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment