More ballasting on My Last Great Project layout and this time I had to deal with the complexities of the platform. I wanted the platform to be able to be removeable in the future if needed so it cannot be glued down. Equally, when I ballast the track either side of it there is a danger that the dilute PVA would glue the platform if left in place whilst ballasting. Taking the platform away whilst ballasting had the risk that I might end up ballasting under the wall of the platform so that it would never sit on the baseboard properly again.
There is an answer though! Mark out where the platform needs to be on the baseboard and then put masking tape on the areas not to be ballasted.
This clearly defines the areas to be glued and ballasted.
Once it is all ballasted and the glue is dry I will then see just how successful, or not, this Woody solution has been!




No comments:
Post a Comment