Search this blog

Friday, August 7, 2026

Interestingly, the loco behind Elizabeth is Singapore which had a birthday card left on it.

Well I did try to bring industrial levels of vegetational butchery to the Rocks By Rail Museum but without that machine from yesterdays post I was on a hiding to nothing! More on that later but first off we have a signal that things are moving on - literally with the signal head for the new control system installed.

Rocks by Rail Museum

I did turn a few switches but nothing happened so I presume that there is still work to do just as there is more to do to steam loco Uppingham.

Rocks by Rail Museum

More painting has gone on and slowly it begins to look more like a cared for loco!

Talking of cared for, diesel loco Elizabeth is slowly coming back to life with work being carried our on various electrical components. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

Once working that will bring the number of running diesels to five which is the most I have ever known! 

Interestingly, the loco behind Elizabeth is Singapore which had a birthday card left on it. That made us all wonder until this appeared on YouTube..


Meanwhile my lack of industrial might like yesterdays featured machine didn't mean that I lacked some progress in vegetational butchery as...

Rocks by Rail Museum

...became this....

Rocks by Rail Museum

 ...and I even managed to battle through to last Winters butchery operation!

Rocks by Rail Museum

I was somewhat achy after all that but went home happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment