Another one of those it has gone wrong moments!
As I am not using the massive bases supplied in the kit into which the supporting structures fit into and make the model 'playable' for train sets back in the 60s, the access ladder is too short!
Whilst I though of solutions to that problem, I did get the airbrush out and give the assembled structure a coat of light grey paint. You may also notice that there is a small plastic block on the cutting mat just above the signal heads. Cut from one of the supplied bases it will be a potential solution to the ladder issue!
The signal head mouldings do not have a back to them! Even though it is unlikely that this would be noticeable on the finished model I have glued them to a bit of thin plastic card sheet which, when the glue hardens, will be cut to shape giving a proper appearance to the heads!
Now, back to that ladder!



No comments:
Post a Comment