Search this blog

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Cabin Fever!

 





Well as witnessed by the above photographs and after a fevered evening of work the crew cabin of the Zvezda K5350 Mustang truck is coming together (I don't just throw the title to these posts together you know!). As I have said from the very beginning of this build the level of detail in this kit is astonishing. You can see in the above photos the dash board lying to the left of the cab which when fitted will cover most of the detail in the photo below.

Amazing that you get the heater box and ducting that unless you leave a door open on the cab you will never see any of it once the dash board is in place. One part of me thinks this level of detail is perhaps a step too far but the other side of me has enjoyed the build and it is almost an education in vehicle design to put this detailed kit together. As a side note you sometimes see in a photograph things that the eye has missed. In this case I see I have yet to deal with the two points at the bottom of the front cab panel where I separated it from the sprue and these will need sanding smooth. Will my goldfish type memory remember this for tomorrow? Only time will tell. Now what am I supposed to do tomorrow????

As most modelers do when you reach a certain stage in a kit build I have brought the various parts together to get an idea how the finished model will look.


Progress from now on is going to be slower as the interior of the cab is going to need painting before I go much further with the rest of the build. That will be an interesting trial in swear jar contributions! I will need some soothing music to calm me but for tonight entertainment in music cassette form was provided by 10cc in concert.




No comments:

Post a Comment