Search this blog

Friday, July 23, 2021

Why don't I take notice of myself?

An odd way to start this post but in the last post I did highlight that I needed to do as I was told and follow the instructions for the K5350 Mustang truck kit produced by Zvezda to the letter. I did but still managed to get in a pickle. Probably down to me becoming over confident in what I was doing and whilst I was following the sequence in the plans I was not fully taking notice of the drawings. This resulted in two mishaps. Firstly the rear dual drive axles and suspension were upside down (compare the photo in this post to that in the last post and you'll see what I mean) and secondly the frame mounts for the fuel tanks were the wrong way round. Luckily after years of ending up in situations like this I did manage to rectify matters with only a small amount of damage that was repairable and a modest contribution to the swear jar. You would also think after all these years that I would learn! However, I once read that the art of a good modeler is how well they cover up their mistakes! Not sure if that makes me a good modeler but I have had plenty of  practice at putting my mistakes right! 

Well the chassis according to the plans is now complete. Strangely, completing the chassis, according to the plans, does not include fitting the wheels. These are fitted as the very last stage and given this and my previous posting on doing as I am told I am going to stick with the plans! Not only working smarter and not harder as I get older but also becoming more obedient although I doubt Mrs. Wood agrees with that last part! 





Musical entertainment to cover up the swearing was provided by a compilation album, The Very Best  of The Electric Light Orchestra or as those of a certain age know them as ELO. As that classic Mr. Blue Sky played it might have been blue sky outside of the Room of Gloom AKA My Man Cave but inside it was somewhat dark and cloudy over my workbench as I put things right on the kit! Guess having got the kit back to where it should be I am just a Wild West Hero!





No comments:

Post a Comment