Search this blog

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Keeping on the straight and narrow!

Building a chassis for a model truck is a bit like keeping on the straight and narrow. The chassis has to be straight so that all the wheels touch the ground and everything is level and it is narrow meaning the chances of getting it straight are difficult. Luckily this kit of the Zvezda K5350 is great in that the parts fit so well that you have confidence that it will have a straight chassis even with me building it. I am further amazed by the detail in this kit. For example all the valve blocks for the air brakes are included. Although I am down to using a magnifying glass to clean the joints up from where I cut them from the sprue and to actually fit them, they are there which is something I have never seen on the bigger 1/25 scale kits of trucks that I have build. My build yesterday got me as far as Section 16 on the plans which means I have a basic chassis to which all the other parts will eventually fix to. As well as this progress I also managed to prime the engine/gearbox and fan and surround in Vallejo black primer ready for top coat. 

Cassette tape music entertainment was supplied by re-listening to Sounds of the Suburbs and then moving onto Soft Metal - It ain't heavy (various artists) and 18 Driving Hits (again various artists) Those of a certain age will remember the continued release of complication albums claiming to be The Best Driving Hits, The Ultimate Driving Hits, The Greatest Driving Hits Ever Vol 96 and so on and so on to the point you ended up with 17 tapes all with Free Alright Now and My Sharona and many other duplicates. Those were the days! 

Back to the model where breath taking progress has been made so far on this kit which is unusual as here at WMD HQ progress is usually measured in geological terms! Will this keep up or will Mrs W find some important, must be done now, not to be questioned chore for me to do???? Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment