Search this blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Cats and chassis

 


Cats and chassis. What have they got in common apart from both beginning with the letter C? Nothing! However as I was doing some work on the chassis of the Zvezda K5350 Mustang truck I saw Chloe the cat finding some shade and relaxing just as cats do in the garden during the heatwave that the UK is going through at the moment. Not a care in the World! Sometimes you wonder if animals actually have the right idea!

Back in the heat of the Room of Gloom at WMD HQ work on the chassis continues with me now up to Section 24. I did come across the one area where the parts fit was not to the usual standard on this kit and that is where the exhaust pipes join as highlighted by the red ovals in the picture below. It is just a butt joint with no locating pin. However with a bit of use of  glue and prodding with tweezers a joint that can be cleaned up once the joint has set hard has been established. A little acrylic putty is probably going to be needed to fully disguise my ham-fisted jointing but it should work out. 


In spite of this I am still overly impressed with the kit. The axles should end up going on today having been built up yesterday and with a few other items that should bring the chassis to the built up stage. Looking ahead in the plans, the body is next which will mean dealing with much larger pieces so my eyes will get a rest!


Musical entertainment was provided by a double compilation tape that I bought in 1986. As the price tag shows £6.99 it cost which back then was getting on for about 10% of my weekly take home pay then, but hey, it has some classic tracks! I can remember buying this when I went to the petrol station to fuel up - the fuel only cost £12 for a tank full! Oh those were the days!





No comments:

Post a Comment