Search this blog

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Light bulb moment!

A great sunny day which saw me clock up 512 miles on my bike this year so far. Even Smudge the cat came out of her basket curious at the brightness outside and took in some of the sun before heading back in for something to eat and another sleep. She has a hard life!

Smudge the cat

It was also sunny in the Man Cave AKA The Room of Gloom as the Heller Scania 141 LB made progress. 

First thing was to glue the two part tyres together. As these are rubber plastic cement was not going to work and my trials with super glue failed miserably. Pondering this as I fixed a puncture on my bike I suddenly had that light bulb moment. The adhesive used to adhere the repair patch to the inner tube glues rubber to rubber! Yes it did work on the model tyres as well! Half an hour with my puncture repair kit on the workbench had the tires glued. I also remembered to return my repair kit to the bike or that could be a swear jar moment when a future puncture occurs.

Heller Scania 141 LB

The engine has now been glued in and the wheels attached to the axles and just await their center caps to be fitted. The cab front has also had various decals applied and the model now looks like this.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Not many parts to fit now but the further into the build you get the more fearful you become of something going wrong! Hopefully nothing does.

No comments:

Post a Comment