Search this blog

Friday, February 18, 2022

Storm Eunice!

Here in the UK we are being battered by the second storm in three days. Parts of the UK have suffered not only 100 mph plus winds but snow as well. Luckily for me the storm has not been as bad as for others - so far! I did manage a 19 mile bike ride this morning whilst the wind was relatively calmish!

Doing some inside jobs I did take an hour out to d a bit more on the model Scanias. The cab of the 143H is now partly assembled and ready for paint on a calmer day.

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

In my usual bout of curiosity I did tape the front panels and roof to the cab sides to see what it would look like and further curiosity saw me pose it with the 141LB.


Italeri Scania Streamline 143H, Heller Scania 141 LB

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H, Heller Scania 141 LB


Italeri Scania Streamline 143H, Heller Scania 141 LB

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H, Heller Scania 141 LB

I also built the headlight units for the Scania 141 where the lens were 'glued' into their headlamp units using Tamiya varnish. The varnish acts like a glue and dries clear so is perfect for jobs like this. The light lenses for the spot lights in the bumper were also 'glued' in with the varnish. 

Heller Scania 141 LB

Hopefully by the time that Storm Eunice subsides they will all have dried. In the meantime I am just hoping that the storm does not create any additional jobs on Mrs. Woody's list of jobs for me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment