Search this blog

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Repurposing.

A nice day which saw me putting potting compost in some seed trays to warm up in the greenhouse ready for sowing in a week or two. I have covered the trays to help the compost warm with some glass from the windows of he shed that stood on the site of the greenhouse a couple of years ago - a great example of repurposing!

I do repurpose in my model making activities too. Today was a day when I caught up with a few small painting and assembly jobs on parts for the Scania 143H so nothing too exciting to report but it is progress. 

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H,

However, the sanding stick on the right of the photo above has been repurposed from Mrs. Woody's dressing table. It has four different grades of sanding paper, it is flexible and does a great job. I will need to repurpose another one soon as this one is beginning to wear out! I just need to await an opportune moment when Mrs. W will not notice!

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H,

Another example of repurposing is this glass container into which I put parts for a kit that I have removed from the sprue and are awaiting fitting. Very useful and helps in keeping the parts safe until needed. The jar is actually from the Gu desert range - other deserts are no doubt available but may not be as tasty - and once emptied of its contents which is easy to do - In best Homer voice, Hmmmmm, Gu desert! serves its new purpose.

Most things can find a new use if you think about it and in model making sometimes it is the most unlikely things that become most useful. 

I am off now to repurpose some more Gu deserts as the 54 empty jars I have in stock at the moment need replenishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment