Search this blog

Monday, February 14, 2022

Simply Red in a box!

Not a box collection of the greatest hits from Simply Red but the undercoated parts of the Scania 143H kit now top coated and drying in a box along with the painted wheels. Doesn't look much but it was a couple of hours work, a full jar of Tamiya gloss red and a few swear jar moments with one of the mudguards deciding to fall on the floor! I managed to use a cocktail stick to remove a couple of  bits of dirt that had been picked up by the wet paint. At this point my bodging skills came in to play. As the paint was still wet I sprayed a further coat of paint on. The fresh coat of paint was viscous enough to in effect fill the holes left by the dirt removal and level out so it looks reasonable. Once I can have a closer look after the paint has fully dried and the parts are safe to handle I will be able to tell if 'reasonable' is good enough! For the moment though I give you simply red in a box.

 

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

No comments:

Post a Comment