Search this blog

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Return of the floods!

 Out on my bike I was just amazed by how much flooding there was. It did not seem as though there had been that much rain but I guess the ground was saturated so the rainwater had no where to go. This lake is usually a field!

Flooding Feb 2024

And this is what was filling that lake - a new stream down the verge!

Flooding Feb 2024

Back in the relative dryness of WMD HQ it was a sad thing to have to do but Mrs. Woody and myself laid Smudge cat to rest in the garden along with her predecessors. A few tears but happy memories of 19 years together.

It is at times like this that I become very focused on clearing things up so at the moment I am going through my too large model railway and related matters magazine collection. At the time they were an invaluable source of information as the internet did not exist. Now adays if you want to anything out just search for it online making the magaxines rather surplus to requirements. I just find it hard to part with them especially when you start adding up how much they cost! Just don't tell Mrs. W that bit!

Anyway, the initial pile has started but there is a lot more to add yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment