Search this blog

Sunday, October 6, 2024

The art of knowing when enough is enough!

I was reminded of the art of knowing when enough is enough when Mrs. Woody and me went to Easton walled gardens. Although normally a regular place to visit, I have to admit that due to things like the kitchen rebuild, it had been several months since we were last there. In effect we had missed most of the summer views of the gardens and at the entrance that absence was highlighted by this autumnal display which showed just how long it had been since we last visited! I did think it rather nice and touching that they had put together this welcome for us after our absence but Mrs. W did highlight that it didn't state 'Woody' on it so it was not personalised to us but was a general welcome to everyone! Most disappointing!


Easton walled gardens

The actual display caught my eye. The colours were just right, the composition was excellent and whoever put it together knew the art of knowing when enough is enough!

Easton walled gardens

Knowing that is a great asset not only in putting seasonal displays together but when model making. Whilst I am no expert at this art but I do know that my Tiger 1 build is at  a point when it is fairly near to the point of having enough done to it certainly in my eyes.

The latest work has been to add the hull and turret hatches and then use various weathering powders to dull everything down brightness wise as well as giving the tank a working look to it. I do believe I am at the point of  having done enough to it weathering wise. I am happy with the look and adding more to it could tip it over the point of looking realistic to becoming a messed up model. 

Dragon Tiger tank

Dragon Tiger tank

With the hatches open on the turret there is that tantalising view of the main gun and its breech - just what I was hoping for.

Dragon Tiger tank

Dragon Tiger tank

Dragon Tiger tank

Dragon Tiger tank

Dragon Tiger tank

Whilst I am not going to say 'finished' yet, it is close! I will look over it for a couple of days and if still happy think about mounting it on a base/diorama. Whatever happens, one thing is clear from the photos and that is I need to clear my workbench of all those things involved in this build - enough is enough!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment