Search this blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

All about sheds!

As they use to say on TV after an unscheduled interruption - normal service is resumed! That is what it felt like today after my extended birthday weekend! Rocks By Rail Museum was graced with my presence and as you will see it was a shed day! However firstly my skills with the mower were tested with grass that still thinks it is Spring. Interestingly John had asked me to see if I could do something about inside the roofless shed that we started constructing last year. I did not quite know what he meant until I opened the door and found that it was almost jungle like!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

A careful scout round with the mower at least lets you into the place but I do wonder how many sheds have a mown floor?
Rocks by Rail Museum,

Having butchered as much as I was in the 30C heat I ventured into the relative cool of the Exhibition Center. strange how you you walk through a place following a certain path all the time even though there are other options. Today I remembered that there were other options and I surprised my self in that I had  forgotten about some of the exhibits in there including these very nice models.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Then there is this very nice original poster for the Rapier company front loading shovel.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Having walked through the coolness of the Exhibition Center I then headed for the coolness of the Restoration Shed where John and Derek where working on Ketton No1 which apparently has started. They are now working on the air system which as it includes the brakes is a must do project if the loco is to ever get back on the track!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

John has that expression of now I am in here will I ever get out?

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Harriot the JCB is looking.... well more like a JCB as the bright yellow paint slowly covers the grey primer.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Out of the Restoration Shed and onto the Weighbridge shed! That is four sheds all in all!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Inside will be a weigh head that was used as part of the weighing system for wagons on the railway. 

Rocks by Rail Museum,

It will need illumination so Steve is wiring up a suitable light. Unfortunately this shed was not as cool as the last two as Steve can testify!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Well that is four sheds and by tonight it may be five that I have visited if I get out to my Man Cave if Mrs. Woody has something she wants to watch on TV! It certainly is all about the sheds!

No comments:

Post a Comment