Search this blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday -

My Last Great Project

Today -

My Last Great Project

Well a day certainly made a big difference to my 00 gauge layout. From bareish baseboard to something that now begins to come alive! 

How did I get there? Last night I did have a late night finishing the ballasting in the hope the hot weather would dry it by the morning.

My Last Great Project

My plan was somewhat thwarted by the incoming band of cold wet weather! However it was dry enough to get things moving. First thing off was to get rid of the wood baseboard top. Some brown paint, some PVA glue and some filler powder were mixed with wate and brushed over the bare wood board. 
My Last Great Project

Once applied my favoured kiln dried sand was spread over the still wet mix. This gives a good base for further vegetational work.

My Last Great Project

Now as long as Mrs. Woody doesn't read this she wont know that her hair drier played a role in todays model making applying some heat to encourage the glue to dry! If she reads this I am in trouble!

My Last Great Project

With the sand in place I then added some varied green flock powders to give a base for later application of static grass.

My Last Great Project

I have added a bit of shrubbery at this stage joust to see how it looks. Woodlands Scenics provided the medium foliage that I used. Once in place I just soaked it in diluted PVA glue. 

My Last Great Project,

I also painted the ducts crossing under the tracks their prototypical range colour.

My Last Great Project,

My Last Great Project,

Its all beginning to come together! Certainly different to yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment