Search this blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Right on track and even left on track!

Well the Panzer Ferry now has had its tracks dismounted from the hull. Knowing I had to do this I had glued the front drive and rear idler wheels on with some UHU glue which enabled them to be taken off fairly easily - thinking ahead for once!

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

They were the airbrushed with a custom mix of Vallejo Flat Earth, Rust and a few drops of black! Once allowed to dry they were dry brushed with Vallejo Aluminum over the areas where contact with the wheels or ground would in effect polish the surfaces keeping them free of rust. This is an area where I am making some guesses as to what would happen with an amphibious vehicle where the tracks would be immersed in water for much of their time. 

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

Getting the wheels and tracks back on was somewhat easier than I had envisaged!

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

Whilst I had been dry brushing aluminum paint I got the exhausts off the hull (not glued yet) and dry brushed them to give that impression of a relatively new part starting to rust.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

With that done and the tracks back on, both left and right sides, the kit is looking like this.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

With the rust paint in the airbrush various rust requiring parts were given a quick blast. These included the anchor for the Panzer Ferry, the buffer stop from my 00 gauge layout as well as the relay cabinets and some oil drums that will probably end up being 'dumped' somewhere.

My Last Great Project

The buffer stop looks a bit more at home on the layout although I still need to paint th actual cross bar white and red as in real life.

My Last Great Project

Better track off now and make Mrs. Woody some dinner!






No comments:

Post a Comment