Search this blog

Friday, September 1, 2023

Lets track it!

Much as Mrs. Woody enjoys tracking the progress to delivery of her latest purchase the tracking I am talking about relates to Panzer Ferry. As the build of this kit progresses it has got to the time to build the tracks. I had already started a small section some time ago but now I needed to add to it to get the right hand side finished. The links are individual parts and altogether there are 105 to make each track. I also had to build them around the wheels to get the right bends and sags. 

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

The way I have achieved that is by using Tamiya cement to assemble the track links. The glue dries enough to keep the links together but is still flexible enough to bend and sag them to the right shape. Some packing ensures the sag stays in place until the cement hardens.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

Just the other side to do now although I have then to do it all over again on the sister vehicle to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment