Search this blog

Friday, August 12, 2022

A busy week!

In the background to model making I have been spending most of this week sorting out belongings and having a good clear out of rubbish and things no longer of use. Those CD games that work on Windows 95 are perhaps things that should have gone out some years ago but once on a shelf, in a box or in a cupboard they remain forgotten about but adding to the general clutter of WMD HQ! There are a lot of similar things and much as it hurts to dispose of things that still look good I have to accept that most of what I am getting rid of is useless. There is however a sense of well being at seeing the space created and the possibilities of what could fill it! At least Mrs. Woody has not disposed of me yet but if I do add more stuff I could well find myself in a skip! 

Talking of Mrs. W she has decided that a  new fitted wardrobe in our bedroom is the way to go so that arrives in kit form on Monday with 'an expert' fitting it on Wednesday. My claims of also being 'an expert' who could fit wardrobes apparently went unheard as Mrs. Woody at that precise moment suffered from one of her intermittent moments of deafness. How convenient! However my expertise at clearing things has been used to clear out most of what is in the present wardrobe so things are looking good for Monday when I have to dismantle the present wardrobe, dispose of it and paint behind before the new one is fitted. Something nice to look forward to!

Model making has therefore been a nice break from the sweat of sorting stuff out during a week of heat wave and the Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer is progressing well. I have been working on the tractor chassis and taking time to reacquaint myself to where I got to with this kit some 23 years ago. Latest progress has been to paint the wheel centers in black to match the chassis. I have also painted the mounting straps of the fuel tank. Going through the instructions I am able to find the parts still to be fitted so these are being taken off the sprues and prepared for painting. Hopefully this progress will continue but I will have to see just how smoothly the wardrobe job goes or whether I do end up in a skip!

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment