Search this blog

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Buying Paint!

Today Mrs. Woody and myself went off to buy paint for the bedroom. You can't have a new wardrobe with old paint you know! Well I didn't know that but Mrs. W informs me it is true so who am I to argue! So my job list for next week is to dismantle the old wardrobe on Monday. Paint the walls behind where the fitted wardrobe will go white. Then the wardrobe will get fitted and by the end of next week, once all the dust has been cleared away, it will be my job to paint the rest of the room. Somewhere in that week I also have to fit a day in at the Rocks by Rail Museum. I am hoping for cooler weather!

One thing that did hit me was the price of paint. It does not seem that many years ago I could buy a quality 5lt tin of emulsion for about £18. The last one I bought about three months ago was £40 and this week it has gone up to £42. Apparently had we bought it last week it was still only £40. Just my luck! I didn't think it worth pointing out to Mrs. W just how much model paint £40 would buy. Sometimes it is just safer to remain silent!

So last week was busy and this coming week will be no different! However at least taking a break to do some model making provides a well deserved break! Which brings me onto the Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer. I did actually get some matt black paint onto some more parts for the tractor unit chassis without the paint drying in its short journey between the airbrush and the surfaces to be painted. Yes it was that hot today! The parts were touch dry within about a minute of painting. I even managed to paint the engine cooling fan yellow and add it to the engine.

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer,

To add a little interest to the engine, rather than it looking like a red blob, I have painted in the rocker covers and various pipes in aluminum and steel. Some parts need a second coat which will hopefully be something for tomorrow. In the meantime I will get over the price of paint and prepare myself gor the joys of the coming week!

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment