Search this blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The See Saw Game!

 Having taken apart the old wardrobe yesterday I needed to get the parts off to the tip before the rains started and the whole lot became a soggy mess of saturated chipboard. Most parts would fit in my car with no problems but there were some long parts that needed halving in size. Getting close to 8pm, it was not the time to annoy my neighbours by getting a power saw out so in the Woody way of unconventionality I persuaded Mrs. Woody that I had developed a new see saw game that required her assistance. Note the subtlety of the word 'game' rather than work. Mrs. W readily agreed to take part but was probably disappointed when the see saw was a piece of the aforementioned wardrobe balanced on a piece of 3 x4 inch timber. Anyway the game started with her standing on one end of the board and me then stepping on the other. Hey presto and Woody's wizardry saw the board snap in half just right to fit in my car. By the time we had done the 9 boards Mrs. Woody had concluded that this was not a 'game' and went back in to watch some TV shopping channel!

Fitted wardrobe

Fitted wardrobe

All fits nicely - never go to the tip without a full load!

Fitted wardrobe

My hopes that the wall would paint itself unfortunately failed to materialise so last night at 8.30 I painted a first coat. Given that I was at the Rocks by Rail Museum today that was one of my better decisions as it was obvious this morning that it needed another coat. That went on this after noon....

Fitted wardrobe

Hopefully that is it until the 'Expert' fitter comes tomorrow. Once the rest of the room is painted after that then hopefully a bit more time for model making although looking at this scence out of the window which has not been like this for some time, it will soon be time to start cutting the grass again! Maybe I can persuade Mrs. W that grass cutting is a 'game'....

Fitted wardrobe


No comments:

Post a Comment