Search this blog

Friday, August 26, 2022

Feeling blue!

Without the assistance of Mrs. Woody's keen eye for interior decoration I have decorated the interior of the Scania cab using my somewhat less than flamboyant palette of colours so that it no longer looks like a rendition of fog and is more like a dull day but with the glimmer of sunshine - just right for feeling blue!

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

It may not stand out but it does look better than before. The seats and door cards have been highlighted with a light blue and the bed picked out in a range of harmonious blues! The 1/24th scale driver obviously has some sense of co-ordination with their bedding and are also proud to drive a Scania having a poster up on the backwall of the sleeper compartment. I added this by scaling down a spare decal from another kit and then printing it onto paper. A coat of matt varnish was applied and once dried the image was glued to a scrap of plastic card. Once all was trimmed to size it was glued into the blanked off rear window space. I still need to add the dashboard decals, steering wheel and various control levers but that is about it to this part of the cab.

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

The upper part of the cab has an unusual arrangement in that the second bunk is above the drivers and passenger seats. It folded up when not in use but did give the option for a solo driver to use the normal lower bunk as a sofa with the increased headroom above and then the upper bunk as the bed. I don't believe that this is still an option on modern Scanias so I am guessing it was not too popular. On this part of the cab I just need to add the fold up access ladder and then that will be finished.

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

Having looked at the trailer just about every day it does look white! A lot of white indeed! It needs something to add interest. Whilst I have the kit decals, given their age and previous experience with Italeri decals that are many years old, they are very likely to disintegrate if I try to apply them. I have therefore used my limited and I mean limited IT skills to generate a potential design to to be applied to the trailer sides. 

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

If you are thinking that sticking a cut out piece of paper to the side of the trailer would look somewhat rubbish you would be right. However at WMD HQ I have a cunning plan. Well a plan anyway! Decal paper. This is a sheet of clear decal sheet onto which you can print whatever you want and then use it just like kit supplied decal. I do have some in stock as well. However can I find it? Somewhere it lies awaiting to be discovered but I just cannot find it. I have therefore done the sensible thing, well sensible for me anyway, of actually ordering some which hopefully will be delivered tomorrow by Amazon. 

To be honest I have never tried this method before so it will be a leaning curve and like most of my learning curves it might involve coming off the road! I could well be feeling blue if it all goes wrong. With that thought in mind I better check that the swear jar has some room in it for further contributions!

No comments:

Post a Comment