Search this blog

Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Muckleborough Collection.

Going back a couple of weeks whilst in Norfolk I told Mrs. Woody we would have a look for a new vehicle for her daily weekday drive to work. I don't think she was fooled by that especially when we arrived at the Muckleborough Collection just outside of Sherringham but she did nether the less followed me in no doubt to keep an eye on me and my wallet! 

Admission tickets bought we added the ride in the Leyland Daf 4 wheel drive truck which, once everyone was strapped into the four point harness in seats that looked as though they belonged in a theme park ride, took us out onto the tank testing grounds. A magical experience but not quite as exhilarating as the Gamma Goat they used to use and I was lucky enough to go on some years ago. . 

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

Back in the Museum they have a large model collection with some fantastically made items and dioramas.

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The main attractions are the vehicles and this is just a few of them.

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

The Muckleborough Tank Museum

Despite all these vehicles Mrs. Woody didn't fancy any of them! Oh well, no tank on the driveway for me then!

If you want to go and see the museum, and I have been five times now, details are available on their website located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment