Search this blog

Thursday, August 25, 2022

One shade or 50 shades of grey!

 Things are moving on with the Scania interior. The dashboard and steering column have been assembled. The seats have been sanded to remove the join line between the two parts of each seat and the bases assembled.

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

With all this complete I have given everything apart from the seat bases and steering wheels a coat of light grey paint to harmonise the previously somewhat poorly applied grey paint by me 23 years ago. All this one shade of greyness will be brightened up as I try to add some colour to the interior or it may well end up in 50 shades of grey! Interesting concept!

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer

Interestingly, well to me anyway, is that Italeri in their older kits moulded the bunk with a pillow and sheet/sleeping bag which is something they no longer do on their modern kits. I quite like this little bit of realism though - makes the kit feel a bit more real life to me. I just need to remember that even though grey was an 'in' colour in the 90's I don't think grey bedding was! 

Italeri 799 Scania with Cool Fruits trailer



No comments:

Post a Comment