Search this blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Speeding in forward and reverse!

No sooner am I back from a few days away then I am back to the Rocks by Rail Museum. Today was a quiet day which was good in a way as Mr Beecham, he of cycling and modelling prowess, visited and I was able to spend some time with him between greeting guests and producing bacon cobs! 

We had a good look at the locos in the Exhibition Shed and they all have their own special history and characteristics. 

Rocks by Rail Museum,

One oddity I pointed out was the speedometer in the Sentinel locomotives which shows the speed both in forward and backwards directions which looks odd if you are used to a car speedometer! One thing though is that these Sentinels will never be in danger of being driven at speed. The maximum speed shown is 30mph!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

I think Mr. Beecham had a good time and enjoyed a bacon cob - well maybe he was just being polite about my culinary skills!



No comments:

Post a Comment