Search this blog

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Having got some trains running should inspire me to do some more model making!

Sometimes, I forget that the purpose of building the My Last Great Project layout is to actually have somewhere to run trains! So having spent many a day working on the station area I decided I would sit back with a can of Pepsi Max (other beverages are available from your preferred beverage retail supplier) and just watch some trains run!

My Last Great Project,

The problem when working on a layout is that they become convenient places to put things down on and then forget about them. Note to self - clear the rubbish from the base of the viaduct!

My Last Great Project,

As my layout has an operating well in the middle it means that you do not see the whole layout in one view. You need to follow a train around meaning that it appears to actually go somewhere rather than in a glorified circle that it actually does! So, if I am looking at the viaducts I do not see what is happening in the station.

My Last Great Project,

Talking of the station, I do like this picture which captures the essence of what I have been doing over the past few weeks. The grime, the weeds, the leaning electrical cabinet and the brightness of the loco!

Anyway, having got some trains running should inspire me to do some more model making just as soon as I finish this can of drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment