Search this blog

Friday, September 11, 2026

Vegetational excellence at its best so I had nothing to do with them!

 I walk into the Rocks By rail Museum to see this!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

You may not recognise what the yellow bulge is but this close up may help!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

That is a hard hat! Now what it is doing buried in the ground like that open to all sorts of theories! Did someone step into some quick sand and that is all that is left of them? Is it some form of portal to another dimension? Much as these theories have their attractions I suspect that under that hat is something to do with the wiring for the colour light signals. I could be wrong but not having been teleported to another World so far I think my last theory may be right!

Anyway, elsewhere in the Museum more painting of steam loco Uppingham sees the buffer beams in top coat and much of the chassis now painted.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

In the Restoration Shed, things continue to get done to the Southern brake van which now has most of the rotten wood replaced and parts of the vacuum braking system are even being painted.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Outside, Rob is slowly getting the Euclid dump truck into solid metal and grey primer ready yo be painted hopefully before Winter arrives!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Also preparing for Winter is Gary and his new purchase - the LIMA crane. He hopes to make it watertight so that nest year he can get the engine running.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Not yet ready for Winter are the flower boxes and this example brings some real colour to the site - vegetational excellence at its best so I had nothing to do with them!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

My only vegetational skill is in butchery but the grass was fighting back!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Was it only a few weeks ago that lot was brown and dead looking?



No comments:

Post a Comment