Search this blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Much easier and working smarter as I get older!

Having altered the main parts of the Dapol signal gantry to fit the intended site it was time to start building the kit!

My Last Great Project,

Having already built one I knew that I would want to add girder detail to the uprights as I did with the first kit. However, having learnt from the first one, I added the plastic strip before attaching anything to the uprights - much easier and working smarter as I get older!

My Last Great Project,

Whilst waiting for the glue to set I remembered I needed to also shorten the maintenance platform and move the mount for the ladder! So some measurements were taken and the appropriate amount removed and the mount sliced off.

My Last Great Project,

Those parts were glued together along with the main structure of the gantry. Looking good! Just need to add a few more parts and the construction will be finished - unless of course I have forgotten something!

No comments:

Post a Comment