Search this blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Bubble Car is mended!

I was sure I had posted about my Dapol Class 121 before but I cannot find any trace of that! Strange!

Dapol Class 121

A great model of the single unit DMU that was nicknamed the 'Bubble Car' which was a reference to its small, by railway standards, size and big windows reminiscent of the micro cars of the 1960s such as the BMW Isetta, Messerschmitt KR200 and the Heinkel Kabine  

I thought that I had previously posted about one of the drive shafts having a split universal joint and how I had fixed it using superglue. Well that problem reoccurred on the other drive shaft!

Dapol Class 121

And like last time I superglued it back together and refitted it to the model and also re-soldering two wires that broke because there is so little room to reinsert the shaft!

I'm not sure what else I might have said last time but lets end this by saying the Bubble Car is mended!


No comments:

Post a Comment