Search this blog

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Ground Force - The Woody Way!

Those of a certain age will remember the TV programme Ground Force where Alan, Tommy and Charlie would secretly transform someone's garden over a two day period. That programme was probably single handedly responsible for the growth in the popularity of garden decking and water features in this Country. However, in my World, I cannot call upon the services of Ground Force in creating the gardens on my 009 gauge model railway layout. Given that it is set in the !950's/60's the likelihood of decking or water features in British gardens was remote and most gardens consisted of lawn, vegetable patch, flower beds along the sides and possibly a garden shed or green house. Makes my life easy - well easier - in me creating that and doesn't tax my limited creative abilities - all in all The Woody Way. Mrs. Woody would agree with the limited creative abilities bit! 

A start has been made and the gardens are taking shape with static grass lawns, synthetic fiber hedges covered in scatter and earth coloured patches yet to be textured for the flower beds. All very unremarkable but it does add a bit of life. I may be a bit bold and add a washing line - or maybe that might be too creative!

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

 

No comments:

Post a Comment