Search this blog

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Some nice quality models - but not mine!

Mr Beecham and myself passed each other the other day with little time to chat but he gave me a box and said have a look when you have a chance. Those who have read other blog posts will know Mr Beecham is a very talented modeller who puts me to shame but also inspires me. In the box were two models to further inspire me.

The first is a 1/72 scale Jet Provost which was a jet trainer used by the RAF. A simply stunning model and some of the detail in the cockpit is only visible to me due to the resolution of the camera which is better than my eyes! I have no idea of the kit manufacturer but suspect it is Airfix.

Jet Provost

Jet Provost

Jet Provost


Jet Provost

The other model was a 1/35th scale Tamiya Gamma Goat which was an American 6 wheel vehicle designed for speed and agility and widely used in Vietnam to resupply troops and rescue downed aircrew. A three cylinder diesel engine gave it a unique engine sound. I have fond memories of the Gamma Goat as I had a ride in one at the Muckleborough Collection in Norfolk years ago before health and safety requirements stopped it all! It was a tremendous experience and I would love to do it again if they are able to do the rides again. The driver on the day really had a heavy foot on the accelerator and I admired his driving all the more for that. Back to Mr Beecham's model ( and incidentally he has also riden in the Gamma Goat at Muckleborough) and that day is recaptured for me in his superb model.

Tamiya Gamma Goat

Tamiya Gamma Goat


Tamiya Gamma Goat

Tamiya Gamma Goat

Tamiya Gamma Goat

Tamiya Gamma Goat

Tamiya Gamma Goat

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment