Search this blog

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Scrapheap Challenge!

These are a couple of boxes of junk items that may come in useful someday although Mrs. Woody strongly argues that point!

Scrapbox

Most modellers have at least one such box where broken or surplus bits that really should have been thrown out years ago rest in peace awaiting a possible useful fate.

I need a small hut or two for my 009 gauge layout. I do have a kit from Wills and it looks good for the job.

Wills Lamp Hut SS22

However I did have a search through the boxes of  bits and found this.

Airfix Coal Office

It is an old Airfix coal office kit and it was made by me when my age had but a single digit! Enough said of that! It does reflect my crude abilities at the time and is painted, or should I say plastered, in gloss brown enamel paint. It is missing part of the roof, the door and drain pipes but such things are not going to stop me seeing if I can resurrect this building although it will be a bit like Scrapheap Challenge. 
First and most essential stage is to try to get the paint off it so it was put in an old ice cream container and soaked in Mr. Muscle oven cleaner and the lid put on. I will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Airfix Coal Office


No comments:

Post a Comment