Search this blog

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Making fences.

For my 009 narrow gauge layout I need some fences. One set is needed to separate the path to the station from the main road from the adjoining gardens. I could have modelled a large brick wall or some high panel fence but in my Utopia World people are friendly and don't want to hide themselves away so they are happy with low type fences.

A sort through the scrap box when I was looking for the office I rescued a few weeks ago also found some suitable lattice type fencing that like the old office dates back to my childhood. Indeed there are still remnants of the Evostick glue I used to glue it in place on the layout I had at the time. I have no idea of the manufacturer or even if you can still get this type of fencing but it is just fine for what I want.

009 gauge layout,

This fencing now has a new life although it did require shortening and I added a few additional posts cut from some scrap plasticard to make it look a little more sturdy.

009 gauge layout,

009 gauge layout,

Propping it in place it looks good - to me anyway!

009 gauge layout,

It just needs painting - just like the fence on Mrs. Woody's list of jobs does, although the model fence will probably get its paint first!

No comments:

Post a Comment