Search this blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Me allowed to drive something at Rocks by Rail Museum.

Yes I was today allowed to drive something at the Rocks by Rail Museum! Was it a steam or diesel locomotive? Was it an excavator? No - something a bit more within my skill range!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Yes! The lawn mower was in my charge today and it was great. It was something just to get lost in for a few hours and seeing the results after gives you a buzz of satisfaction.

Rocks by Rail Museum

I was cutting grass at the quarry end of the museum and believe it or not I have only been up at that end of the site twice before and the last time was in August of last year. So it was a bit like exploring the site again. I saw the drag line excavator.

Rocks by Rail Museum

The cab of the large walking drag line excavator Sundew.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

The face excavator and stone hopper wagons.

Rocks by Rail Museum

It was great to see all these again and maybe one day I can drive one of these! However we all have to start somewhere so the lawn mower is my start!

No comments:

Post a Comment