Search this blog

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Am I really seeing that?

One of those strange, unsurreal moments this morning on my cycle ride when I thought I am I really seeing that? I am riding along a road which normally is quite busy with traffic when coming the other way casually walking is a Dachshund dog! It was on its own just walking down the road with no owner in sight. I knew there was a boarding kennels a few hundred yards further up the road so flagging traffic down to slow and highlight the dog I sprinted up to the kennels. I finally found two ladies at the back who were looking for a missing Dachshund! I told them where it was and cycled back flagging down an approaching car whose driver said another cyclist was following the dog. I told the driver the owners were on foot coming down so she went to pick them up and I carried on back towards the dog. As I approached there were three cars pulled up and a six people including the other cyclist standing around one of the cars. I feared the worst! However luckily all the cars had stopped and the dog in fright had taken shelter under one car and would not come out. The cyclist had attempt to coax it out but had ended up being nipped on the hand!. By this time the owners had arrived and with five of us lying on the ground around the car one guy managed to get hold of the collar and pull the dog out. Mitzie, as it turned out she was called was freighted but uninjured and her owners much relieved to get their dog back. 

It was one of those moments when a group of strangers all got together and worked with each other for the sake of an animal - one of those moments when you appreciate there are still a lot of good people about! Strangely, I did wonder afterwards what the approaching vehicle occupants must have thought was happening with five people lying in the road around a car and two bikes dropped in the verge!

The rest of the day was hot - too hot to do much other than eating ice cream and collecting more wooded handles, but as the coolness of the evening came in I did put the final pieces on the Egyptian T34 tank that I needed to start painting the hull. 

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Even in the relative coolness of the evening the airbrush still had a few issues with paint drying in the nozzle but eventually I did get it the hull primed and ready for top coat once fully dry over night.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

If you think that the tank looks odd with a black hull it certainly is not as odd looking as seeing a Dachshund walking on its own down a country road!



No comments:

Post a Comment