Search this blog

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sunday variety!

Well it was a Sunday of variety. An early morning bike ride bringing my total for this year to 2907miles followed by a trip to the Rocks by Rail Museum having left Mrs. Woody with breakfast in bed. That should earn me some bonus points which may go someway to cancelling all the negative points I seem to earn on a regular basis! Today I was helping out on the Driver for a Fiver day at the Museum. I am not let loose on the locomotive but I am let loose to collect money which may say something about me and how my museum colleagues see me!

It was a steady day of guests but perhaps not as busy as we thought it might be. Whether that is down to potential visitors feeling the squeeze on their pockets and disposable income with the rising cost of living or whether it was the rain late this afternoon we do not know but things will perhaps get clearer as the year progresses. We did have a group of cyclists in this afternoon who came for the cafe and once fed and watered set off only to return five minutes later as the rain came in. In the best traditions of weathering out the rain they consumed some more drinks and cakes and one lady even bought a jig saw and book from our sales stand! The cash till benefitted greatly!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back at WMD HQ I have primed the other side of the Egyptian T34 tank wheels as well as giving the headless tankers a base coat of sand coloured paint for their uniforms.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Other than bringing some colour to a model, putting a light coloured coat of paint on does highlight any areas that are perhaps not as well assembled as they might be! I am trying to be polite in describing my own incomitance! An example is the figure below where the left shoulder as you look at the figure does not quite line up with the body. I will need to use some filler or putty to rectify that as once you notice something it sticks out every time you look at the model. The other three figures will no doubt have similar issues so I will need to look closely at those when I have time and before I progress with anymore painting. 

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


No comments:

Post a Comment