Search this blog

Monday, July 4, 2022

I'm not really a welder!

Although I have in the past been known to use a MIG welder my skills were such that I blew more holes in the metal to be joined then actually welded the metal together. However that does not stop me from making model welds. The turret of the MiniArt T34 Egyptian tank is missing a major weld around the bottom part of the turret. I could have left this and ignored the issue but in the desire to create something a bit more than the box provided I glued some very thin plastic strip, from my stock of such items, to the turret in the required places.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Once stuck on I then applied some plastic glue to the top of the strip to soften it. With the back of a scalpel blade I then literally pushed into the semi soft plastic to produce ridges to replicate a welded seam.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

I need to do a bit more to it but it is beginning to look like a welded seam - not bad for someone who can't weld!.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

I also managed to paint one side of the wheels in their proper colour which is brining this project along.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


No comments:

Post a Comment