Search this blog

Friday, July 15, 2022

Is this really only the middle of July?

 

July 2022 harvest

With warnings of a hot weekend I still had to remind myself that it was only mid July whilst out on my bike ride this morning seeing harvested fields, hay stacks and tractors out ploughing - sights normally for late August and September!!

Back in the relative sanity of WMD HQ I was pleased to have a visit from Mr Beecham, he of modelling fame and cycling prowess! It was only a flying visit but always great to have a chat with him and he had a look at my Egyptian T34 on which I have added the hatches to the turret which now require weathering, weathered the wheels some more and highlighted a few more parts of the hull.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Out of interest I dug out my Italeri Russian T34 that I built a year or so ago just to see what the two look like together. Interesting comparison and whilst you can see differences in the level of detail between the two kits they do look very similar from normal viewing distance. 

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Probably the tracks are the next thing to do but with a hot weekend that may make the Man Cave somewhat oven like and delay progress. However it will be a good excuse for an ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment